Samsung’s success wave in smartphone industry came from its galaxy brand. It also gave a strong competition to Apple’s iPhone franchise. We can also say that this may be the main reason behind the release of budget iPhone’s from Apple (Apple iPhone 5c). Samsung also released a new smartphone recently called Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000. Let’s see some comparisons between these two gadgets to find out which is the best..!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000
Samsung has become a master in the Android smartphones industry…thanks to its huge line of Galaxy handsets. But only a few out of those actually stand at the forefront, most importantly, the S series which saw the launch of Galaxy S4 this year and the Note series launched its Galaxy Note 3. and the Galaxy Note 3 comes in three variants: SM- N9000 and SM- N9005. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 was launched in India much before the international markets. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 price in India is Rs. 45,814. But do the features excel other handsets in the same price range? We’ll find out…
Apple iPhone 5C 16GB
It is a “slightly” affordable version of last year’s iPhone 5, but if you are already getting hyped up about the “affordable iPhone”, be warned, it is still not cheap, it is just a slightly affordable from iPhone 5.. Apple iPhone 5C best price in India is Rs. 45,199.
Comparing Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 with Apple iPhone 5C
- The Note 3 has a 5.7 inch Full HD super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and pixel density of 386ppi, whereas iPhone 5C has a 4 inch display with a resolution of 1136×640 pixels and 326 ppi of density. The bigger screen ensures that you have a nice and pleasing reading, browsing movie watching experience. And the greater screen resolution is to give you a crispier and sharper display.
- iPhone 5C runs on Apple’s iOS 7 v7.0.1 and the Note 3 runs on latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.
- Note 3 has a quad core processor and iPhone 5C has dual core processor which means Note 3 has a more powerful processor. Quad core processors mean that more tasks can be performed wihout slowing down the UI.
- Galaxy Note 3 N9000 weighs 163 grams whereas iPhone 5C weighs only 132 grams, meaning, it is 21% lighter than Note 3. And lighter phones are easier to hold and carry around.
- Galaxy Note 3 has a 1.9 GHz processor with a 3GB RAM whereas iPhone 5C has a 1.3 GHz processor coupled with a 1GB RAM, which is to say that Note 3 has 46% faster which means a smoother experience all around. And more RAM means more number of apps can be run at the same time, resulting in a faster device.
- The Note 3 has a 13 megapixels of camera sensor whereas iPhone 5C has an 8 megapixels camera sensor, but more resolution doesn’t necessarily mean better picture quality.
- Galaxy Note has a support for memory card slot. Memory cards ensure more internal storage, which means you can have space for more data and multimedia files.
- Galaxy Note 3 has a removable battery and iPhone 5C doesn’t.
- The Note 3 supports HDMI whereas iPhone 5C doesn’t. An HDMI support allows you to stream pictures and videos to your LCD TV using an HDMI cable.
- Galaxy Note 3 supports NFC, it allows you to make payments wirelessly through your phone. But iPhone 5C doesn’t have support for NFC.
Conclusion : Which one should you go for
iPhone 5C is exactly last year’s iPhone 5, but in a plastic body. You don’t get anything new. So even if you want to have an iPhone, you would wish to buy an original one with a metal casing, which iPhone 5. Whereas, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 scores more in everything, be it its looks or its over-the-top specifications. At almost the same price tag, the Note 3 is far better choice than iPhone 5C.