Do you know that you can increase your windows system speed using your pendrive as RAM and this option applies to every operating system released by windows. Be it Windows 7, Windows 8 or the new Windows 8.1 you can use your normal pendrive to increase your system speed.
But to use it in Windows Xp follow the steps below.
- Insert your Pen Drive and Right click on My Computer
- Select the properties and click on advanced tab in the properties window
- Then Click on settings in the performance option.
- Again click on the advanced tab and click the change button in Virtual memory option.
- Now select your Usb drive and give the values in the custom size option. 1024 is the best to choose.
- Pen drive should be atleast 2GB of size.
Now for Windows Operating Systems after Windows Xp (Windows 7, 8 ,8.1) follow steps below.
- Insert the Pen Drive and right click on it.
- Select the properties
- in the new properties window choose the readyboost tab.
- Now choose ’use this device’ and allocate the size you want to act as RAM.
- Next click apply and Ok.
That’s all you have to do.
If you like this post helpful please share our site or either subscribe to our updates. Please Share your views and feedback in the commenting section below.