If you are not a software developer then maintaining a Windows PC without any virus attacks is a big headache, actually it’s impossible now a days. Only techies and professional software developers can handle big time tasks like that themselves. But in case of normal PC users like us, this problem can be easily solved if we install a famous antivirus software in our PC.
But popular Antivirus software such as Quick Heal, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton etc..; are not available for free. They are very expensive because of the features and high end protection they provide. So not everyone can afford them. This is why we should opt for best free antivirus software. There are many free antivirus software available online, but only few of them are best and offers high functionality as promised. We have shortlisted five of those best free antivirus software just to save your precious time.
The perfect free antivirus software anyone could ask for. A free mobile antivirus version of Avast is also available for Smartphones with Anti-theft protection.
- Available in more than 40 languages.
- Provides Anti malware protection
- Also provides anti spyware and anti-rootkit protection.
- Free Avast antivirus is also available for Smartphones with Anti-theft protection
Sometimes our antivirus software may miss some Virus. This virus can be deadly that can damage our OS slowly in the long run. This is exactly why Malwarebytes should be installed. The features are of the free malwarebytes free version are :
- Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware: Detects and eliminates malware your antivirus will miss.
- Malwarebytes Chameleon Technology: Prevents malware from blocking Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Advanced malware Removal: Employs industry-leading technology to completely remove malware code.
AVG provides you with basic antivirus protection and anti spyware protection for all Windows operating systems.
- AVG Free antivirus is the most downloaded software on CNET’s Download.com
- Provides Free protection against viruses and spyware (antivirus and anti spyware)
- It provides Fast, effective security that is kind on resources
- It is fully Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Free Phone support.
Removes malware and protects you against the latest strains of viruses, worms,Trojans and more.Together with the Avira Search free Toolbar, this antivirus not only keeps your PC clean, but also enhances your privacy and empowers you to safely surf the web.
- Offers Real-Time malware detection
- Privacy Tools and Safety ratings for your search results.
- Avira Free Antivirus is compatible with all Windows operating systems.
Microsoft security essentials is now provided as an inbuilt antivirus tool for all Windows operating system and in case of Windows 8 it comes with the name “Windows Defender “. It provides very good protection if we update it regularly and also scans an USB drive automatically when inserted.
Real-Time protection and scheduled scan features are also available in this simple antivirus.
All the above specified antivirus software works equally well. But in case of free antivirus only limited functionality is supported even though they serve well at their current level. However virus threats are increased in the recent times and if you use your PC for online purchases and business options, my choice for you is to choose one of the premium version. But in case of a normal Home user, the above mentioned best free antivirus are more than enough.
Thank you 🙂